Thursday, November 5, 2020

Mission Control, We Have a Birthday

Mission Control, We Have a Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things

The theme for this month's My Favorite Things Birthday Project is balloons.  It's been a while since I inked up any of the cuties from the Space Explorer stamp set, so I pulled out the balloon toting astronaut for this card.  After coloring the image with Copic markers, I used the matching die to cut out the image.  I made a space-like background with some blended purple and blue distress oxides, drizzling the panel with water droplets to get a starry speckle across the panel.  A shimmery white circle with a debossed polka dot panel was adhered to the lower right corner of the panel as a moon.  I trimmed down the edges of the circle before adhering the panel to a dark blue card base.  The colored image was adhered to the panel using foam tape for dimension.  I stamped the set's birthday themed sentiment on a contrasting red cardstock strip and used more foam tape to place the text at the top right side of the card.  A trio of silver sequin "stars" sprinkled around the astronaut image completed the design.
 

Materials Used:
Space Explorer stamp set, Space Explorer dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Broken China, Faded Jeans, and Wilted Violet distress oxides (Ranger); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Ocean cardstock (Recollections); Crystal Stardream metallic cardstock (The Paper Cut); circle dies (Spellbinders); Polka Dots embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); silver sequins; foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips