Friday, December 25, 2020

Peace Love & Joy

Peace Love & Joy card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Concord & 9th

Merry Christmas to those who are celebrating today--however that may be in these unusual times!  Since today is Christmas Day, it seemed appropriate to share the holiday card I mass produced to send to family and friends this year.  I have to admit that it was a challenge to get motivated to do this, but not only did I make the cards, I got them in the mail a week before Christmas!  Like many people, I haven't felt really festive or been too interested in celebration.  While I've been fortunate that my family and I have been healthy, I can say it's been a rough year. I work in the elementary curriculum office for one of the largest school districts in the US and the demands of my job have been intense since February when we first started having discussions about "what if" the virus caused schools to close for "a little while."  Fast forward ten months later and the school system that I work for has yet to reopen and my workload has only increased.  I'm hoping that things will settle into a more manageable pace as we head into the new year, but with trying to plan for a return to school, I doubt that is coming anytime soon...

Anyway, I didn't create anything fancy for my holiday card design--I just didn't have the time or the ability to make it happen.  I went with a simple monochromatic color scheme that's non-traditional for the holidays.  The purple is soothing and looks so pretty with the trio of silver embossed snowflakes from Concord & 9th's Snow Flurry stamp sets.  They were stamped on the lightest purple cardstock with the help of my MISTI.  For extra sparkle, the center of each flake was dotted with a small clear crystal.  I added the "peace love & joy" sentiment from the Full of Joy set to the right of the snowflake cluster in dark purple ink, again using my MISTI to speed things up.  To add interest, I used a cable knit embossing folder to add texture to a medium shade of purple cardstock.  A cable knit strip was added to the bottom of the stamped panel, edged at the top with a narrow strip of silver cardstock. The finished panel was adhered to a dark purple card base matching the color of the sentiment. I wrote on the inside of the cards with a purple pen to match.

Materials Used:
Full of Joy and Snow Flurry stamp sets (Concord & 9th); Memento Grape Jelly and Delicata Silvery Shimmer inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Very Violet and Silver cardstock (Recollections); Sterling Silver embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); Cable Knit embossing folder (Sunny Studio Stamps); clear self-adhesive crystals

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips