Monday, January 25, 2021

Just a Note

Here's my card for this month's Mix It Up challenge at SugarPea Designs.  I paired the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (color scheme, heart elements) to create this love themed design featuring the adorable die cut typewriter from SPD's You're My Type set.

Just a Note card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs
I used scraps of red, pale gray, dark gray, and white to die cut the elements for the typewriter.  After assembling it, I set it aside to put together my cardfront.  I started with a kraft panel that I added a strip of pink heart patterned paper to.  The top of the patterned panel was edged with a narrow red cardstock strip matching the color of the typewriter.  I used another strip of the same red cardstock for the "just a note" sentiment from the Special Delivery stamp set. This strip was tucked beneath the bottom edge of the patterned strip.  I used foam tape to place the typewriter on the heart patterned paper, then arranged a trio of pink heart-shaped enamel dots around the panel.  A trio of pink hearts were stamped on the paper inside the typewriter to tie all the elements together.  The finished panel was adhered to a red card base matching the typewriter focal image.

Materials Used:
You're My Type and Special Delivery stamp sets, You're My Type dies (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black and Rose Bud inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Red Punch cardstock, Be Mine 6x6 paper pad, heart enamel dots (Recollections); Smokey Shadow and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey  Ink); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips