Tuesday, February 2, 2021

There's Snow Way

There's Snow Way You Could Be Any Cooler card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I went with a winter themed design since it's been snowy around here over the past few days.

My focal image is the skiing penguin from the Chill Wishes stamp set. I colored the image with Copic markers, then used the matching die to cut out the image. For texture, I added a bit of white flock to the pom pom and trim on the penguin's hat. The image was adhered to a light blue oval with some shimmery white paper at the bottom to serve as the snowy ski slope.  I adhered the oval to a darker blue cardstock panel for contrast. The set's "there's snow way you could be any cooler" sentiment was stamped beneath the oval at the bottom of the panel in black ink. I accented the image panel with a bunch of silver snowflakes cut with the Sweet Snowflakes die set and some silver sequins for extra sparkle and shine. The finished panel was adhered to a light blue card base matching the sky behind the penguin image.

Materials Used:
Chill Wishes stamp set, Chill Wishes and Sweet Snowflakes dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Bashful Blue and Brocade Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Silver cardstock (Recollections); Crystal Stardream metallic cardstock (The Paper Cut); oval dies (Spellbinders); white flock (Stampendous); silver sequins; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips