Monday, June 21, 2021

Just Bee-Cause

Just Bee-Cause card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge. I used the layout for a simple just because design using MFT's Meant to Bee stamps and dies. I stamped up a bunch of the set's bee images and colored them with Copic markers before cutting out the colored images with the matching dies. To create the round openings in the aqua panel, I used a circle punch. So that I could be sure the holes were spaced evenly, I used sticky notes to figure out the placement of the circles before using the punch. After using foam tape to place the aqua panel over an aqua dotted patterned paper square I added a bee inside each opening. The "just bee-cause" sentiment was stamped on a yellow fishtail flag strip to coordinate with the bees. I used more foam tape to put the sentiment in place to finish the card. 

Materials Used:
Meant to Bee stamp set, Meant to Bee and Essential Fishtail Flag Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist and Harvest Gold cardstock, Aqua Mist patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); circle punch (EK Success); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips