Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Back to RAK

I've been so busy with preparing for swaps (shoebox swaps, SCS dinner swaps, SU! regionals swaps) and this weekend's craft fair that I haven't had a chance to do much else. Tonight I got some cards done to send out as RAKS to fellow bloggers. I've missed making cards that I don't have to make assembly line style! All of the cards I made tonight used the same layout, but had different color schemes based on the patterned paper I used.
This card is definitely not my usual color combo! I loved the glittery images on this paper from DCWV's The Glitter Stack and they inspired my color choices. The "wish" image is stamped in Ballet Blue Craft ink, then covered with Crystal Clear embossing powder and heat embossed. I filled in the star with Stickles. The window frame around the image is raised on dimensionals. The circle image fit perfectly inside the 1 3/8" circle punch. To help center the circle window, I punched out a circle from a post-it note, making sure to have some sticky stuff on the punched area. I centered the circle on the Bashful Blue cardstock, then used the post-it circle as a guide for punching the circle.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Wishing You the Best and Small Sayings stamp sets; Pumpkin Pie Classic ink; Ballet Blue Craft ink; Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White cardstock; 1 3/8" circle punch; small corner rounder punch (for frame and scalloped edge); stampin' dimensionals; Crystal Clear embossing powder
Other: patterned paper (DCWV's The Glitter Stack); Gold Stickles; orange brad (Making Memories); green dotted grosgrain (Michaels)

1 comment:

  1. This is super cute!! I love your blog, and if you want to "play" you've been tagged. See mine for more info. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips