Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Tag Time

Marie left me a comment this morning to let me know that she'd "tagged" me. So, after much thought, here goes--seven (maybe) interesting things about me:

1. I have watched General Hospital for over 2/3 of my life.

2. In addition to an undergraduate degree in elementary education, I also have a degree in history. When I started college at the University of Wisconsin, there was a lot of discussion about 5th year seniors. My dad said flat out that there was no way he'd agree to extending my college career to five years. So, when it became clear that an education degree required a minimum of 4 1/2 years to complete, I struck a deal with my dad--I could do 5 years, but needed a double major. And, the rest, I guess, is history . . .

3. When I was teaching first grade, because my class was determined to be the most experienced and adept class in using technology in our school, we were featured in a video on how to use the US Department of Education's web site to support instruction.

4. I am the family expert at putting together Ikea-like furniture, etc. I have put together all of the bookcases, wall units, desks, and dressers in my home, mostly all by myself. Now, if someone would help me with the connecting the propane part, I could actually use the gas grill I put together two years ago . . .

5. Since I started to read at 4 years old, I have always been a voracious reader. I read pretty much any and everything and always have one or two books going at a time.

6. The summer before I started college, I had a paralyzed vocal cord and almost completely lost my voice for two months.

7. I'm a big sports fan. I've been to a Super Bowl (1992, Redskins vs. Broncos), a Rose Bowl (1994, Wisconsin vs. UCLA), an NCAA hockey Frozen Four (2006, Wisconsin winning it all), and the first, second, and third rounds of the NCAA basketball tournament multiple times. I've also seen a team win the Stanley Cup (1998, Red Wings defeating Washington Caps).

If you've made it this far and are still reading all this stuff, I'm supposed to tag seven others, but most of the blogs I frequent have already been tagged, so I think I'll pass on that part.

1 comment:

  1. It was fun reading about you!! I watched General Hospital for many years too --- in the Scorpio and Anna days :) I would watch with my Grandma. Love your GinaK card - beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips