Thursday, April 26, 2007

Happy Orchid

Today's Ways to Use It challenge on SCS was to use Orchid Opulence in your creation. Orchid Opulence is a color that doesn't seem to get used too often by a lot of people as it is kind of an odd purple. Come to think of it, most of SU!'s purples are a little different and not the shades you usually think of when you think "purple." So, for this card, I went back to a sketch I was playing with earlier this week (see this post for details on the layout and for other examples). The card came together very quickly. I started with an Orchid Opulence base, then added a piece of paisley patterned paper (that's a tongue twister!) from a 6x6 pack of patterned paper by Scrapbook Wizard. The pinks and purples in the paper coordinated pretty well with the Orchid Opulence. I stamped off the flower from Polka Dots & Paisley before stamping it on the Whisper White cardstock that's inside the circle frame. There's a pink self-adhesive rhinestone at the base of the flower to go with the other circular and curved elements of the card. When I first got this stamp set, I liked it right away, but I had a hard time using it. Now that I've started using it, I find myself reaching for it a lot and liking what I come up with, too.
Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Polka Dots and Paisley stamp set; Orchid Opulence Classic ink; Orchid Opulence, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White cardstock; Green Galore marker; small corner rounder; 1 3/8" circle punch; mat pack and paper piercing tool; dimensionals
Other: patterned paper (Scrapbook Wizard's Scrap Pack Mini #1, from AC Moore, I think); pink dotted organdy ribbon (Michaels); purple brad (Making Memories); self-adhesive rhinestone (Joann)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips