Friday, May 4, 2007

Look Through the Window

Virtual Stamp Night is coming up again soon on SCS. Since I've finished designing the card for an upcoming shoebox swap, I thougth I'd participate in tonight's pre-VSN "warm-up" challenge. The challenge was to include a rainbow on your card. Since I hadn't gotten around to putting away the Staz-on and window sheets from yesterday's card (it's actually a wonder I could find them in my craft area, considering all I have scattered around . . .), I pulled them out again for this card, but changed up the technique a little.

This time, the window sheet was used as an overlay. I stamped images from Doodle That in the white Staz-on on the window sheet, then added some glittery highlights with a Stardust gel pen and self-adhesive rhinestones. I attached the window sheet to a rainbow colored piece of glossy cardstock. To create the rainbow, I put drops of reinker on a folded up baby wipe, then swiped it over the cardstock strip. I attached the overlay with glue dots. I placed them on the back of the window sheet underneath the self-adhesive rhinestones to hide them.
The "sparkle" sentiment is actually on the inside of the card. I punched out a black oval and embossed the sentiment on it in silver embossing powder. Then I punched an oval in the cardfront and set the oval inside of it, adhering it to the inside of the card. Another self-adhesive rhinestone finished the sentiment off.
Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up! Doodle That and Warm Words stamp sets; white Staz-on; Versamark; Real Red, Only Orange, Yoyo Yellow, Green Galore, Ballet Blue, and Lovely Lilac classic reinkers; Basic Black, Whisper White, and Glossy White cardstock; large oval punch; small corner rounder; silver cord; silver embossing powder; glue dots
Other: window sheet; self-adhesive rhinestones (Joann); white organdy (Joann); clear Stardust gel pen (Sakura)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips