Saturday, May 5, 2007

Patterned Pair

I gave my co-worker a thank you card to use (see the card here) that I made with Papertrey Ink's Faux Ribbon set. She liked the card so much that she asked me to create a set of 10 cards for her, using the Faux Ribbon set and a variety of sentiments and colors. Now that the craft fair is over, I've started to make the cards and currently have 6 of the 10 done.

Here are two cards that I completed tonight. The cards have a similar basic layout--the long ribbon strips are arranged to create a pattern and one of the set's sentiments is stamped, then punched out and attached to the card with dimensionals. I decided to add a piece of real ribbon to the cards at the point where the stamped images end. It softens the transition from stamped image to white space. My big problem with using this set is that I don't have enough long clear blocks for the ribbon stamps! I have to keep removing and switching stamps to repeat the images in the pattern. I guess I'll have to order some more . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Cameo Coral, Real Red, So Saffron, Regal Rose, Bashful Blue, and Certainly Celery Classic inks; So Saffron, Real Red, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White cardstock; 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches; large oval punch; dimensionals
Other: Faux Ribbon stamp set (Papertrey Ink); brads (Joann); coral and blue grosgrain ribbon (AC Moore dollar bin)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips