Thursday, May 3, 2007

Butterflies in a Window

Today's Ways to Use It challenge on SCS was to use window sheets in some way, shape, or form on your creation. I decided to use my window sheet for the pearly window technique. You can find a tutorial for this technique here.

I did a slightly different twist on the technique. Instead of using black Staz-on to stamp on the window sheet, I used white Staz-on. After letting the ink dry, I ran the sheet through my Xyron machine to add adhesive, then filled in the butterflies using Pearl-Ex powders and a paint brush. The Xyron adhesive is VERY sticky, so I ended up with some Pearl-Ex where I didn't want it--that's why my butterflies are kind of circle-y, rather than just filled in within the image's outline. I stuck the window sheet on a piece of black cardstock. I really like the contrasts here: the sparkly Pearl-Ex, the white ink, and the black background.

I used the layout from yesterday's sketch challenge again here, this time with blue flocked paper. I made a photo corner from a punched out square and added self-adhesive rhinestones to go with the Pearl-Ex sparkle.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Sassy & Sweet, Polka Dots & Paisley stamp sets; Green Galore Classic ink; white Staz-on; Regal Rose, Cool Caribbean, Gable Green, and Basic Black cardstock; Pearl-Ex powders; 1 1/4" square punch; large oval punch; small corner rounder; dimensionals
Other: flocked paper (Target); window sheet; green dotted organdy ribbon (Michaels); self adhesive rhinestones (Joann)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips