Thursday, May 31, 2007

Something Old, Something New

Today's Ways to Use It challenge on SCS was to use a soon to be retired stamp set for your project. I pulled out one of my favorite retiring SU! sets, Flower Filled. That's the "something old" from this post's title. Those boots are just too cute! The "something new" I used is a set of scalloped and doodled frame stamps that I ordered from Gina K Designs last week and arrived in the mail today. These cool stamps are designed to be used with the Marvy Uchida punches. The images fit inside the punched shape and are great for someone like me who's doodle-challenged. For the card on the left, I stamped the frame image in Chocolate Chip ink, then punched it out. I went over the dots in the frame with a white gel pen to get the two-toned look.

The patterned paper inspired the color combinations for these cards. The paper is from Cosmo Cricket's Jitterbug line. The circle images look a lot like the flower from Flower Filled, don't they? I wonder if this paper will match any of the new SU! In Colors (maybe River Rock?). I haven't gotten my copy of the preview catalog yet, but that won't stop me from putting in a preorder tomorrow morning before I leave for work. . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Flower Filled and Sweet Shapes stamp sets; Real Red, Bordering Blue, Night of Navy, Garden Green, and Chocolate Chip Classic inks; Barely Banana and White Craft inks; Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White and Kraft cardstock; Crystal Clear embossing powder; large oval punch; 1/2" circle punch; chocolate and red grosgrain; white gel pen; dimensionals
Other: Lil Suzie patterned paper (Cosmo Cricket's Jitterbug line); Large Circle Scalloped Frames & Doodles (Gina K. Designs); brads (Joann); giga scalloped circle and mega circle punches (Marvy Uchida); Waterfall and Candy Cane Stickles (Ranger)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips