Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Friends & Flowers Thanks

For today's sketch challenge on SCS, I pulled out one of the SU! Simply Scrappin' Kits, Friends & Flowers. The papers (and other materials) in the kit are designed to coordinate with each other. I love the colors in this kit. They're ones I wouldn't have thought to put together--Cool Caribbean, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Rose Red, and Chocolate Chip. This kit is retiring soon, as it is one of the hostess sets in the current SU! catalog. I can't wait to see the new Simply Scrappin' kits in the upcoming catalog.

Since the images on the Cool Caribbean patterned paper match one of the flowers from the Bodacious Bouquet stamp set, I decided to use that stamp set for my focal image. I wanted to stamp the large flower image in Rose Red ink, then make it sparkly with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. Since I don't have Rose Red craft ink, I first inked my stamp in Versamark, then inked it with Rose Red classic ink. That made the inked flower image "sticky" enough for the embossing powder to cling to so I could emboss it. I wouldn't do that if I had a lot of heat embossing to do, but for one or two items, it works quite well.
I used the Bodacious Bouquet Classy Brass template to do the paper piercing around the large flower. The flower stack is attached to the pierced panel with a dimensional. I'm not liking the Cool Caribbean ink I swiped along the edges of the panel with the flower, but it's too late to fix that. The sentiment is from the Small Sayings set from the Winter Mini catalog. I hope that's one of the sets that makes it to the upcoming catalog. Most of my sentiment sets are on SU!'s retiring list (All Year Cheer sets, Cheery Chat, Wonderful Words 2), so it would be nice to have one that is current. The ribbon was a last minute addition. Fortunately, I was able to peel up the glued-down layers without doing any damage. I think it added a nice detail to the card.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Bodacious Bouquet and Small Sayings stamp sets; Rose Red, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, and Cool Caribbean Classic inks; Versamark; Certainly Celery, Rose Red, So Saffron, and Whisper White cardstock; designer paper from Friends & Flowers Simply Scrappin' Kit; Bodacious Bouquet Classy Brass template; mat pack and paper piercing tool; Iridescent Ice embossing powder; spring moss grosgrain ribbon; dimensional
Other: blue brad (Making Memories)

3 comments:

  1. Ooh! I love this card, the colors, layout, stamps...everything about it just rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh!! I totally love everything you have done with this card --- the colors the layout the stamps you used --- WOW!! TFS~

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips