Friday, June 1, 2007

Pink Paper Piecing Project

This is another card made with the My Favorite Things stamp set Hot Stuff from my May Paper Pretties box. Until today, this set was only available through the Paper Pretties box. Now you can get one of your own from My Favorite Things. On this card, I used paper piecing for the dress. If you look closely at the card, you will see that the dress image has a very subtle pink plaid pattern, courtesy of a piece of patterned paper . I stamped the image twice, once on a piece of white paper , then again on a piece of patterned paper. I carefully trimmed around the dress section of the patterned paper(Memory Box's Sugar collection). Then I adhered the cut piece of patterned paper to the corresponding section on the image stamped on white paper. The rest is colored with Prismacolor pencils.

The patterned paper is from Heidi Grace Designs. It's double sided--the other side is a paisley design in tans, browns, mauves and pinks. Very pretty! I used ribbon with pinks and browns to match the paper. The pink ribbon edged in brown is from Martha Stewart's new line at Michaels. The dotted ribbon is double sided (just like the paper!)--brown with pink dots on one side, pink with brown dots on the other side. Fun to use!

I made the steam from the hot drink with Liquid Applique. On the label, it says that the stuff is white, but I guess mine has aged, so now it's kind of brown-ish. I think I'll probably have to invest in some new white Liquid Applique soon.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Close to Cocoa Classic ink; Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White cardstock; word window punch; dimensionals
Other: Hot Stuff stamp set (My Favorite Things); Noir Black Palette ink (Stewart Superior); Prismacolor pencils; Cherrywood Ln./Paisley patterned paper (Heidi Grace Designs); pink plaid patterned paper (Sugar collection from Memory Box); mega scalloped square punch (Marvy Uchida); silver brad (Joann); white Liquid Applique (Marvy Uchida); pink and brown piped nylon ribbon (Martha Stewart at Michaels); reversible pink and brown dotted ribbon (American Crafts)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait. I just ordered this set. This card is so stunning!!! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I love this card...and I love coffee. I think maybe...I need this stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips