Sunday, June 3, 2007

Happy (to Stamp Today, Finally!)

I've been working for most of the day on painting bi-fold doors for the closets in one of my bedrooms. The only uncarpeted surface in my entire house is the kitchen, so it has been taken over by a blue tarp, four 79"x11" double panel bi-fold doors, and paint stuff. I was thrilled when that chore was done so I could move on to the fun stuff! This week's featured stamper challenge on SCS highlights stamps4funinCA/Tosha. What a talented stamper! Her designs have lots of layers and are very intricate. You can view her SCS gallery here.

Here's my attempt at a creation using one of Tosha's cards as a jumping-off point. I kept the color scheme monochromatic, but changed the color scheme from browns to purples. The layout is the same as in the original card. I did add brads in the bottom right corner, though.

The original card used Petal Prints for the main image. I don't have Petal Prints or anything similar, so I opted to use the flower from Polka Dots & Paisley. I stamped them first in Almost Amethyst, then stamped the flower outline on top in Lovely Lilac. I sponged around the panel in Lovely Lilac ink, the added some Stickles to highlight the flowers. This card gave me the chance to use one of the photo anchors I've accumulated but seldom used.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Polka Dots and Paisley stamp set; Almost Amethyst and Lovely Lilac Classic inks; Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac, and Whisper White cardstock; sponge
Other: photo anchor, silver brads, white organdy (all from Joann); Frosted Lace Stickles (Ranger)

5 comments:

  1. Awesome job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo pretty definitely looks great in purples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a very pretty card. Love the monochromatic look and the color you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fresh and beautiful! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips