Saturday, June 2, 2007

Dressed Up for a Walk

The adorable Let's Go for a Walk set from My Favorite Things is perfect for me. I am a dog lover and have a big dog of my very own who thinks he's the size of the little one in this image. Walking him is always an adventure . . . This fun card is for a challenge at Caardvarks to create a "hello" card with lots of bling. I think it definitely fits the bill!

I stamped the dog walking image on white cardstock and colored it with Prismacolor pencils. I added some Stickles to the dots on the dress and the dog collars and party hats. My Cosmo would NEVER in a million years go for a party hat--he is, however, willing to dress up in a Superdog costume for Halloween.

The patterned paper is from the Glitter Stack from DCWV. There's lots of glittery accents on the circles . I added a strip of pink scalloped paper I found in my scrap pile. It's amazing what you can find if you actually clean your work area, isn't it?

The final sparkly touch is the "hi," cut from a scrap of chipboard (okay, a Special K box) that was die cut with the sentiment from the Cuttlebug Olivia alphabet. For the sparkle, I covered it with Pink Passion craft ink to match the cardfront, then dipped it in Iridescent Ice embossing powder. I added a self-adhesive rhinestone to dot the i. Fun!

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Close to Cocoa, Pink Passion, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White cardstock; Pink Passion Craft ink; Pretty in Pink Classic ink; sponge; Iridescent Ice embossing powder; mat pack and paper piercing tool; small corner rounder
Other: Let's Go for a Walk stamp set (My Favorite Things Stamps); patterned paper (DCWV's The Glitter Stack); Prismacolor pencils; Stardust Stickles (Ranger); Olivia die cut alphabet (Cuttlebug); self-adhesive rhinestone (Joann); black glaze pen (Marvy Uchida)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is freaking adorable!!!!!! ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to use the stickles!! Love the colors you used. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips