Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Purple Polka-Dot Petals

The sketch for today's SCS sketch challenge looks a lot like the design I used a card I posted on Monday (see it here). Since I had a lot of fun with this sketch the first time around, I created another card using the same sketch with the same stamp set, but a different color scheme.

I stamped the polka-dotted petal from Pick a Petal in Lovely Lilac craft ink on Almost Amethyst cardstock, then cut them out. I love the opaque look of the craft ink on the colored cardstock! The colored cardstock is sturdier than the SU! white cardstock, so I was able to "curl" the petals a little to give them dimension.

The bright patterned paper is from Making Memories. The colors matched well with SU!'s Lovely Lilac and Almost Amethyst. The blue color is more like Taken with Teal, but I liked the Lovely Lilac and Tempting Turquoise combo better, so I went with the turquoise for the large panel. I am definitely on a Bold Brights kick lately--it must be the warm (no, HOT!) summer weather . . . I attached a scrap of patterned paper to the back of the clear button in the flower's center to tie the pattern into the flower.

Somehow, I managed to slam the top of my head into the countertop of the island in my kitchen tonight(bent down to pick something up, whacked my head as I stood up). Unfortunately, I am a master at clumsy accidents like this. I iced it right away--the benefit of hurting yourself in the kitchen, right next to the freezer, I guess--but I still have quite a headache, so I'm off to rest now.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Pick a Petal and Mixed Greetings stamp sets; Lovely Lilac Craft ink; Elegant Eggplant Classic ink; Tempting Turquoise, Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac, and Whisper White cardstock; turquoise grosgrain; glue dots; dimensionals
Other: patterned paper (Making Memories Coastline Collection); clear button (Foo-Fa-La); flower brads (Joann); 7/8" circle punch

4 comments:

  1. Ooohhh, I bet that hurt. Rest up so I can see more of your work :)

    I am new to blogging and luckily found yours. I enjoy your work. This card looks fun. I've only had a chance to use Pick a Petal once. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Poor you,ouch,hopefully your headache will go away quick.
    Love the colour in your card,it's gorgeous!TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out beautifully! I love the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Lori! I loved this card and your little tutorial on laying out the petals. I don't have the pick a petal set, but I did have a paisley butterfly and I thought one of the wings would make a great petal. Anyway, just wanted to let you know I cased your card.
    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/603999?cat=500&ppuser=15150

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips