Saturday, October 13, 2007

Kitchen Sink Stamps for a Sketch

This week, Beate's weekend sketch challenge was a pretty simple one. Somehow, though, it took me a while to figure out something I was happy with for this one.

I started with my Daisy set from Kitchen Sink Stamps. This set has been on my mind since last night when my friend Michele and I played with them after a super-delicious dinner at Red Rock Canyon Grill. The stamps are so easy to line up to get an absolutely amazing looking image. They stamp so well that they almost don't look like a stamped image. I have a feeling that a set will be heading to Michele's house soon . . .

Anyway, the daisy image is stamped in three different shades of ColorBox chalk inks. I used shimmery white paper for the panel--so pretty!

The background panel is embossed with the Cuttlebug Stylized Flowers folder. This is the first time I've used this one. It really adds an elegant look to the cardfront. I placed the embossed piece on a scalloped edge panel from a box of DCWV flats, then set the whole thing on a plain white 5 1/2" by 5 1/2" card.

Materials Used:
Daisy stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Warm Red, Rouge, Rose Coral, Olive Pastel, Dark Moss, and Chestnut Roan chalk inks (Color Box); Stylized Flowers embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Regal Rose, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, and Shimmery White cardstock, rose grosgrain, corner rounder, dimensionals (Stampin'Up!); heart brad (Joann); pink textured scalloped flat (DCWV)

9 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS card! Your right, I thought that this was DP at first. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty! You're right, that does not look like a stamp...looks like DP! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card, the stamping is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Pretty...Love the Pink!!
    Nice stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really nice card.. I love the colors.

    Janine
    www.2bKrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of that pink ... the embossing & scalloped edges are very fun ... beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. That's beautiful! Love the main image and your dry embossed card base.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips