Saturday, October 6, 2007

Yay!

One of my friends shared a piece of good news with me yesterday and I wanted to make a card to help her celebrate. I used Beate's weekend sketch challenge for inspiration for this card.

I hadn't inked up this Pompomabella stamp from Stamping Bella yet and I thought it would be perfect for a celebratory congratulations card. I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils. Then I added some bright pink flocking powder to the pom poms and covered them with some Diamond Stickles, too. I stamped grass at the bottom of the image, but didn't like how it looked. So, I tried to correct that with some layered strips of celery cardstock with tiny snips in in to look like grass.

The patterned paper is from a Memory Box collection pack. The design on it reminded me of pom poms. I was able to use my very low-tech trick for cutting out circles on this card design. I have a collection of round plastic lids from a variety of long since discarded containers. When I need a circle for a project, I look through my collection and find the right size lid for the circle (or in this case, half circle) I need, then trace the lid on to the back side of a piece of paper. I started this collection when I was a kindergarten teacher and often needed to cut out circles for projects. To keep the collection handy, I have punched holes in the lids and attached them together with a large binder ring. I can hang the ring up and easily take the lids on and off the ring when I need to use them.

Materials Used:
Taking Shape, Trees Three, and Dotted background stamp sets, Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, Cool Caribbean, Certainly Celery, and Basic Black Classic inks, Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White cardstock, 1" circle punch, dimensionals, sponge (Stampin' Up!); Pompomabella stamp (Stamping Bella); small scalloped circle punch (Martha Stewart from Michaels); Prismacolor pencils; Diamond Stickles (Ranger); pink flocking powder (Stampendous); patterned paper (Sugar Collection from Memory Box); rhinestone brad (Making Memories)

8 comments:

  1. That is sooo cute!!!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, that stamp is so cute and I love the papers

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great card to celebrate with your friend!! we all need a friend to 'cheer' us on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! Love the idea of the lids; what a marvelous idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is just the cheeriest and cutest cheerleader evah!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips