Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sweet

Today's featured stamper for the SCS featured stamper challenge is Anna/sweetmissdaisy. She is such a talented artist! Another gallery that it was hard to choose from . . .

I ended up selecting one of the cards that Anna recently showcased on her blog, Sweet and Sassy. You can see the card here in her SCS gallery. She did a few cards with the same layout and it was a quick and easy one to work with. I kept the layout the same, with the exception of changing the shape of the image panel to an oval instead of a rectangle.

Her card used Amuse stamps and since they are the perfect size for this layout, I did the same. I used the Seattle Girl and the coordinating "under the weather?" sentiment for my card. It's kind of funny that I'm doing a card with a rainy day image on it since it seems like weeks and weeks since we've had any rain here . . .

In addition to changing the Amuse images used, I changed the colors from the original card. My color choices were inspired by Paper Salon's Soho patterned papers. I colored the girl with Prismacolor pencils and added details to the umbrella and raincoat with gel pens. The sentiment is stamped with coordinating craft ink. The pink button is just a shade or two darker than the pink cardstock, but I think it's close enough. I tied a little knot through the buttonholes with some white twine to add some interest to the button. I think these colors make for a cheery get well card, don't you?

Materials Used:
Soft Sky Classic ink, Regal Rose Craft ink, Cool Caribbean and Whisper White cardstock, white gel pen, glue dot (Stampin' Up!); Seattle Girl, under the weather, and small skinny oval (Amuse); Brilliance Graphite Black ink (Tsukineko); giga scalloped oval and mega oval punches (Marvy Uchida); pink button, white twine (Walmart); green brads (Joann); silver gel pen (?); Prismacolor pencils; Soho paper (Paper Salon)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this card you did! It's fantastic! That image is adorable and I love the colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute Lori! Love the scallop! BTW, I tagged you again! Sorry! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips