Sunday, January 27, 2008

Vases in Vogue Meets Fall Flowers

This card is a quick one made with a sketch provided by MJ at Techno Stamper, one of the members of my blogger challenge group. Starting with last week, she's posting a sketch on her blog every Monday at lunchtime. I'm going to try to get to her sketch when I can--made it just under the wire this week . . .

This sketch is a great one for using up some of those scraps of patterned paper that are scattered around. The cardfront uses three different patterns from the Fall Flowers paper package. I love the colors and patterns in this pack. By sticking to the same package of paper, it was easy to come up with three patterns that coordinated well.

The main image and sentiment come from the retired Vases in Vogue stamp set. This may be my all-time favorite retired hostess set. I love the versatility of the flower and vase images and the variety of seniments included. Here, I stamped the vase, then masked it before stamping the flower. Then, I stamped the vase again so I could cut out the vase in a solid color (here, Certainly Celery) and attach it to the panel with dimensionals. I also stamped the flower on a scrap of Soft Sky cardstock and cut it out and attached it to the white panel. There's a tiny self-adhesive rhinestone at the flower's center. It's an Amuse Twinkle sticker--boy, are those tiny little buggers hard to put in place . . .

Materials Used:
Vases in Vogue stamp set, Old Olive and Basic Black Classic inks, Sahara Sand, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Soft Sky, and Whisper White cardstock, Fall Flowers designer paper, Old Olive marker, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, Soft Sky stitched grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); Twinkle sticker (Amuse)

9 comments:

  1. Hi Lori!

    I love your card and how all the pattern papers works together so nicely! The colors are fabulous too!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, very pretty! I love the image you used and the coloring is wonderful. Perfect. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card turned out GREAT Lori! Love all the patterned CS....goes so well together! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, love the scalloped edge on your art piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty! That layout and papers look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great! love the kraft paper bags, very clever! I think I need that word window punch...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all that pretty pattern paper! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your use of the background papers. I'll have to try this and quit *hoarding* all of my DP!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips