Sunday, January 27, 2008

Time to Celebrate

Today's featured stamper on SCS, Pam/stampingpam, is a name that's familiar to me. She's a member of the Starving Artistamps design team, a stamp company that I'm a guest designer for. You can find Pam's SCS gallery here. Here's the card from Pam's gallery that I decided to use as the inspiration for my card.

Everything on this card is from Stampin' Up! I used the new Celebrate Everything stamp set for the main image, combined with one of this year's Sale-A-Bration sets called So Many Scallops (SAB sets will be available on February 1--not too far from now!). The colors for the card came from the stripes in the Cutie Pie designer paper.

I kept the layout of the card pretty much the same as in Pam's original card. I ended up flipping where I placed the knot in the ribbon and the location of the scalloped image, though. With the images I used, they worked better on the right side of the card than on the left side.

There are 4 layers in the scalloped image. First, I stamped the image in Brocade Blue ink on Brocade Blue cardstock, then punched it out with the scalloped circle punch. Then, I used smaller circle punches to punch out coordinating solid color circles to layer on the scalloped circle. For the final layer, I used markers to color directly on the stamp, then stamped the image on white cardstock before punching the circle out. This last layer is attached to the rest with a dimensional. I think this ended up being a great, easy to reproduce birthday card--I just may have to make a few more to keep on hand.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Celebrate Everything and So Many Scallops stamp sets, Bashful Blue, Rose Red, Brocade Blue, and Whisper White cardstock, Cutie Pie designer paper, Brocade Blue and Rose Red Classic inks, Rose Red, Brocade Blue, and Yoyo Yellow markers, Dazzling Diamonds, Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon, slit punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, scalloped circle punch, circle punches, dimensional

4 comments:

  1. Oh this ROCKS! Love the l.o. and the colors are great. What a cute, cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Lori! I haven't used that DP in a bit...you are always so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job on this card!! So fun and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card, it would be perfect for a man wouldn't it, its great

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips