Monday, January 28, 2008

I Like this Girl!

There was a Hanna Stamps "party" in the SCS forums on Friday night. Since I was at the Washington Wizards game (more about that another time . . .), I missed the big event. So, I decided to catch up on one of the challenges that was part of the party. The challenge was to make a thank you card that Hanna Stamps owner Kristi could convert to a postcard to send out with filled orders.

Here's my thank you card. I used the Hanna image from I Need It. I can relate to this image--I definitely like to shop (and have the bills to prove it, too, unfortunately). I colored the image with Copic markers. The shopping bags are paper pieced. I stamped them on kraft cardstock to resemble the bags you might get when shopping, trimmed them, then attached them to the image. I used the "out of the box" technique on this card. This is where portions of the stamped image extend outside of the panel the image is stamped on (here, the shopping bags).

The sentiment is from the Things Hanna Would Say stamp set. I won it in a blog candy drawing. I love all the fun sayings in this set. The sentiment was stamped on a scrap of Regal Rose cardstock, then punched out with the word window punch. I attached it with dimensionals, overlapping the big Hanna image just a bit.

The final embellishment was a trio of Prima flowers. I added a rhinestone brad to the center of the larger flower and some rhinestone stickers to the centers of the smaller ones. I picked the flowers to match the colors of the fun Fancy Pants patterned paper I used for the cardfront.

Materials Used:
I Need That and Things Hanna Would Say stamp sets (Hanna Stamps); markers and gold glitter markers (Copic); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose, and kraft cardstock, word window punch (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Tulip by Fancy Pants); rhinestone brad (Making Memories); twinkle stickers (Amuse); flowers (Prima)

7 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE Hanna! You did FAB with her Lori!! Hope the Wizards game was good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Hanna looks wonderful. I love the background paper, and the trio or flowers is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute...the coloring looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your coloring of this image, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Hanna stamps! I really like the look of the Domestic Goddess set that coming out Friday. Great job with your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card Lori!! I am with you on the shopping..and I have the bills too...lol

    She looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! The patterned background fits perfect with those primas. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips