Saturday, February 16, 2008

Smashed--Again!

I loved the way that the card I made earlier this week using the ink, spray, and smash technique so much that I did another one using more of the patterned paper I created using the technique. This card features another image from the new large silhouette flowers released by Starving Artistamps. I am in no way a gardener or plant expert--if anything, I'm pretty much the opposite of that, if it's possible--so I can't identify the flower image for you, but I can tell you that this is one of my favorites from the release.

I stamped the flowers repeatedly in brown pigment ink and waited for them to dry. While I waited, I assembled the rest of the card. For the layout, I used Mary Jo's Monday lunchtime sketch from earlier this week. I flipped the layout on its side, but I think it works this way, too.

I picked earthy cardstock colors that would coordinate well with the colors from the smashed background. I used the faux suede technique on the Barely Banana piece to add a little texture to the cardfront. The image panel is attached with dimensionals.

Once the flower image was dry, I added a little sparkle to the ends of the flower images with a Stardust gel pen. I tried to capture some of the sparkle in this closeup photo. Unfortunately, it doesn't really show how nice this turned out . . .

Be sure to check out this post for a special offer from Starving Artistamps for Inking Aloud readers. In addition, SA is also offering a special this week--a free sheet of cling cushion will be included in any purchase of a full stamp sheet from the Red Castle, Doodle Factory, or Starving Artistamps lines. What a great deal!

I'll be back tomorrow with my card for the shoebox swap I'm attending. All the paper is cut and all the materials are gathered together. I just need to pack my cardmaking stuff and put the supplies in individual baggies for the other swappers and I'll be ready to go.

Materials Used:
silhouette floral image (FS-5, Starving Artistamps); Coffee Bean pigment ink (Brilliance); Cameo Coral, So Saffron, and Close to Cocoa reinkers, Close to Cocoa, Barely Banana, Really Rust, and Glossy White cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up); Stardust pen (Sakura); brown organdy edged satin ribbon (AC Moore)

11 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! I love that background! Is that from TJ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that is sooo gorgeous, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Lori! It's absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is just stunning Lori. I love how the background turned out. The colors are wonderful and so warm feeling. Love it, thanks so much for playing. By the way, I almost like the sketch flipped better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "waited for them to dry"??? what's that??? Hee hee - you are more patient than me. I ruined about 4 cards yesterday because I didn't wait for my craft ink to dry!

    This is stunning. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply gorgeous!! Love how the technique turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning Lorie!!! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowweeee! This is striking! It is nearly glowing with warmth. just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips