Saturday, February 16, 2008

Rusty Rose

I made this card this afternoon using the sketch posted for Beate's weekend sketch challenge. For this card, I used one of the smaller rose images from the Hearts & Roses set from Kitchen Sink Stamps. I stamped the rose using 4 different shades of pigment inks. The depth that the 4 different images gives is just amazing! The rose is stamped on shimmery white paper and two of the inks are shimmery themselves, so the card has a beautiful subtle sparkle IRL.

I added a pair of self-adhesive flat backed pearls to the image panel. The pearls are attached to 1/4" circles punched from rust cardstock so they'll stand out a little from the white panel. I dropped these a bunch of times while trying to stick them to the panel--I thought I was never going to find them . . .

I loved the look of the Cuttlebug script embossing folder with the rose image when I tried it earlier this week, so I used it again on this card. This time, I rubbed some brown ink over the raised images to highlight them just a little.

I'm off to prepare for a shoebox swap tomorrow and to work on some things for some swaps I've signed up for. It's a good thing that I've (finally!) started to feel a little better so that I can go to the shoebox swap--I've been looking forward to spending the day with some of my local stamping friends for a while now. I'll probably be back a little later with something else to share . . .

Materials Used:
Hearts & Roses stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Pumpkin Spice, Red Brick, Tea Leaves, and Hint of Pesto chalk inks (VersaMagic--available from Kitchen Sink Stamps); Pearlescent Poppy and Pearlescent Rust pigment inks (Brilliance--available from Kitchen Sink Stamps); Really Rust, So Saffron, Mellow Moss, and Shimmery White cardstock, Chocolate Chip and Creamy Caramel Classic inks, distressing tool, 1/4" circle punch (Stampin' Up!); Script Texture embossing folder (Cuttlebug); brown ribbon (AC Moore); self-adhesive pearls (K & Company)

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and elegant card. I love the variated coloring too.

    I have the script folder and never use it. Thanks for the inspiration I am going to try it this week.

    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rose looks beautiful, I wish I could see it in real life, I'm sure it's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love it! I love this set.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips