Sunday, April 20, 2008

Rainy Day Stamping

It's a yucky, rainy day here--perfect for staying inside and stamping! So, I've been working on catching up on some sketch challenges that I've seen during the past week.

This sketch came from Julee's Mojo Monday challenge. The sketch used a square card and I actually stayed with that shape even though they usually are a struggle for me.

I used the Stemming From stamp set for the main image. This set was on my first order from the SU! catalog in January and I've only used it once or twice. The flower image is easy to layer and fun to use, too. The colors were inspired by the scraps of Fall Flowers paper I used on the card. And, speaking of scraps, everything I used on this card was made from a scrap. No whole piece of paper was cut to create it! If I can do that, I guess that just says I have too many scraps floating around . . .

Materials used:
Stemming From and Short & Sweet stamp sets, Soft Sky, Certainly Celery, and Sahara Sand Classic inks, Soft Sky, Certainly Celery, Sahara Sand, and Whisper White cardstock, Fall Flowers designer paper, 1/4" and 1/2" circle punches, Crystal Effects, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); clear acrylic dome embellishments (Michaels); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); clear Stardust pen (Sakura)


This one's from Mary Jo's Monday lunchtime challenge at Techno Stamper. I used a Stamping Bella image that's been sitting on my stamping table for a long time. It was the perfect size for the image panel on this sketch. I colored the image with Copic markers.

The pattened paper is from a package I found at the Dollar Tree. I love the retro-ish look of the circles and the fun pastel colors. I was able to match them pretty well on the colored image and with some solid cardstock.

The sentiment is also from Stamping Bella. I accented it with some small self-adhesive rhinestones and a scalloped mat.

Materials Used:
Mwahbella image and sentiment (Stamping Bella); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); markers (Copic Ciao); patterned paper (Miss Elizabeth from Dollar Tree); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); self adhesive rhinestones (Joann); petite oval and petite scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities); Orchid Opulence cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

14 comments:

  1. Cute cards Lori! LOVE that first one. I've also only used that set a couple times since I bought it in Jan. You did a great job with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both if these cards are great and you are right about that bella being the perfect size for the layout. Great cards, thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Lori! I especially *love* the one with the Fall Flowers paper...so pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Lori! I especially *love* the one with the Fall Flowers paper...so pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards. Love the colors on the mojo sketch - it's just so pretty! Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful -- so soft and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both terrific, Lori! I love the softness of the first card. Those colors are wonderful together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute cards Lori. I love the colors of both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love the colour combo of the sahara sand & soft sky with that d.p. TOO Dreamy! :0) mel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful cards! Love the color combinations on both of them. I really like the layout of the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very cute!!! Love these two cards. You're always very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips