Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bright Garden

Here's another card that's along the same lines as the card I shared yesterday morning. I used pretty much the same color scheme along with a sketch from Mary Jo.

I used another strip of the floral patterned paper from Prima across the cardfront. The shape of the flower images on the paper reminded me of the shape of the flowers from Papertrey Ink's Garden of Life, so I decided to use those images for the main image panel. I stamped the flowers and stems on a piece of Papertrey's white cardstock. It's a really thick, heavy cardstock and for some reason, I couldn't get good coverage with my dye inks, so the image is a little spotty in places. I like the cardstock, but sometimes I find it hard to work with . . .

The sentiment is from another Papertrey set, Mixed Messages. These tiny greetings fit perfectly inside a small circle or oval. I liked how the circle looked with the round flowers. I added a small ribbon tab to one side of the circle.

The card still looked like it needed "something," so I went back and added some self-adhesive rhinestones to the flower centers. Not sure I like that, but they won't pull off, so they're staying . . .

Materials Used:
Garden of Life and Mixed Messages stamp sets, white cardstock (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (Prima's Sasha Paper Collection pad); Only Orange, Green Galore, and Pixie Pink Classic inks, Taken with Teal, Only Orange, and Pixie Pink cardstock, 1" and 1 1/4" circle punches, Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); self adhesive rhinestones (Michaels)

5 comments:

  1. Oh how nicely those flowers match that background paper. Very pretty card! Thanks for playing in the sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo pretty! Love these colors! Nice job! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty! Love the bright spring-y colors! A Happy Card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips