Sunday, May 18, 2008

Fall Flowers and the Featured Stamper

I got home from a weekend at the beach earlier this evening and saw that Dawn, another Great Swaps Girls member, was this week's featured stamper. I love her clean, simple stamping style and had to give the challenge a try. I picked this card because I liked the layout and colors (Wintergreen paper was one of my favorites in the last SU! catalog) and because I knew I could reproduce it--with a twist--fairly quickly.

So here's my version. I kept the layout pretty much the same, but changed the colors and papers. I used Fall Flowers designer paper, which shares some colors with the Wintergreen paper in Dawn's card. Instead of using square pieces, I punched out 1 1/4" circles from some paper scraps. I layered them on River Rock cardstock, then on a set of layered panels with rounded corners.

I had a scrap of Soft Sky-like ribbon with some printed flowers on it and I used this to make a ribbon tab for one side of the panel. I also added a sparkly blue paper confetti flower with a bauble at the center as an accent.

The sentiment is from the Small Sayings stamp set. I stamped it in Chocolate Chip ink, then used the mat pack and paper piercing tool to create a row of piercings from the left edge of the card up to the sentiment. I stamped some small flower images from Little Flowers in Versamark in the right corner over and around the sentiment. I think I overdid that part just a little . . .

Materials Used:
Small Sayings and Little Flowers stamp sets, Chocolate Chip Classic ink, Versamark, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, River Rock, and Kraft cardstock, Fall Flowers designer paper, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, corner rounder, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); blue floral confetti, green acrylic dome embellishment, grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

5 comments:

  1. Super cute card!! I love the colors and of course your style :d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Lori! What a fun layout!
    Hope you enjoyed your weekend at the beach!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I might have to try this sketch out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Lori! The colors and layout are great! Congratulations on being the featured stamper on Great Swaps Girls blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. way love this one......that paper pack is SO much fun to play with!!!
    Love the simple clean feel....so nifty!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips