Saturday, May 17, 2008

Bees Aren't All Bad . . .

I'm generally not a big fan of bees, but these bee images from Clear & Simple Stamps may make me change my mind. They are just the cutest little things! The images and coordinating sentiments from the Flight of the Bumble Bee and Buzz Words sets are small, but there are still lots of fun ways to mix and match the sets.

This is one of my favorite layouts for small images. It's quick and easy to use and shows off a little image really well. Here, I stamped the bee image from Flight of the Bumble Bee on a scrap of cardstock, colored it with Copic markers, and punched it out with a circle punch. I highlighted the wings with just a little bit of shimmery glitter. I layered the bee circle on a pair of circles.

I paired the image with some vivid yellow and orange cardstock and a striped patterned paper to coordinate with the bee's stripes. I added a wide piece of grosgrain ribbon across the cardfront and some paper piercing along the bottom of the patterned paper strip. I stamped one of the coordinating sentiments from the Buzz Words set along the top of the patterned paper to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Flight of the Bumblebee and Buzz Words stamp sets (Clear & Simple Stamps); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance); Lemon Tart and Summer Sunrise cardstock, Father Knows Best patterned paper, Summer Sunrise grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); scallop circle punch, circle punches, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); markers (Copic Ciao)

3 comments:

  1. This card is adorable and that little bee is darling. I'm headed to check out those stamps at your link. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lori, that bee is so cute! I'll have to check out those stamps...thanks for the heads up :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips