Thursday, May 29, 2008

Kraft Kindness

I pulled out some well-loved but somewhat neglected as of late Kitchen Sink Stamps for this card. I used a combination of images from Thanks with Style and Love & Luck to create this quick card for Mary Jo's sketch challenge.

I used kraft cardstock as the base for my card. I really like how it looks with shades of pink and red. The images are stamped with coordinating craft/pigment inks for a vivid look . The heart was stamped first, then I placed the sentiment directly over it.

I used a trio of rich red Prima flowers as embellishments. I added pink dome embellishments to the centers of the flowers. The red of the flowers really washes out the pink, but they really were pink! I wanted to add a piece of ribbon around the card, just under the pink/red panel, but resisted to keep the clean, simple look of the layout intact.

If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the sneak peeks of the 8 new sets arriving in the Kitchen on June 2 on Maria's blog. She'll be giving away one of the sets in the preview on June 1. And, you still have time to enter the very first "What's Cookin' with Your Kitchen Sink Stamps?" contest. You can find detailed contest info here.

I'm off to get ready to watch the season finale of Lost--can't wait for it to be on! See you tomorrow with my blogger challenge project . . .

Materials Used:
Thanks with Style and Love & Luck stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Regal Rose and Real Red Craft inks, Regal Rose, Real Red, Kraft, and Whisper White cardstock, Crystal Effects (Stampin' Up!); heart brad (Making Memories); flowers (Prima); dome embellishments (Michaels)

6 comments:

  1. This is so super cute!! Love the baubbles on the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. It turned out so pretty. I so love the Kitchen Sink line of stamps just can not justify buying any at the moment -- my list is getting longer with each release though! Great job on the sketch. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that last post was from me, wrong account, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so weird, it is me again. Sorry no idea how my user name got changed in those last two posts???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card Lori! Love the dewdrops in the flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff.
    I just found your blog and love it.
    Look forward to reading more.
    please take a look @ my website
    www.papercraft-ideas.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips