Thursday, May 8, 2008

Masculine Star

Here's another star-themed card, but this time, it has a slightly different slant. I made this quick card for Mary Jo's Monday sketch challenge and incorporating a piece of chipboard for today's ways to use it challenge on SCS. The card took less than 15 minutes to make, which is surprising because usually when I try to create a masculine card, they take forever.

I have a ton of these large chipboard stars, so I inked one up with gold pigment ink and set it aside to dry while I worked on the rest of the card. For this one, I used patterned paper from the retired Outlaw paper pack for most of the cardfront. The simple strip across the front is constructed using scraps of Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Really Rust cardstock. I added some faux stitching along the bottom of the assembled panel.

The sentiment is from Verve Visual's Great Expectations stamp set. I stamped it in Really Rust since it was the dominant color on the cardfront. I added a pair of gold brads under the sentiment to match the star. No ribbons or glitter, though!

After the star (mostly) dried, I used a pop-up glue dot to attach it to the cardfront. Quick, clean, and fairly masculine--not too bad!

Materials Used:
Great Expectations stamp set (Verve Visual); Really Rust Classic ink, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, and Kraft cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, On Board chipboard, gold brads (Stampin' Up!); Gold Galaxy pigment ink (Brilliance)

4 comments:

  1. Lori, I really like the card you made for WT165!! I saw it in the gallery but had to come check it out on your blog!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your star cards are awesome!! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome masculine card. Nice and simple lines yet super attractive. Love it. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! GREAT masculine card! I love the kraft cardstock and the patterned paper is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips