Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara} #43

Here's my card for this week's sketch from Sketches {by Tamara}. I had a hard time with this one! It seemed like everything I wanted to use on the cardfront was too big to fit. I do like what I finally ended up with, though.

I had a container of chipboard stars sitting on my table, so I ended up deciding to use the stars on the card. I found three funky-looking stars in a lime green shade and based the card on those. After I picked out the stars, the rest of the card fell into place pretty quickly. The patterned paper is from a DCWV mat stack and matched the stars perfectly.

There's not much stamping here--just the sentiment. I stamped "superstar" from the new Great Expectations set from Verve Visual repeatedly tone on tone on a Soft Sky rectangle. Since it's a clear stamp, it was easy to line up the images and to space them evenly. Then, I stamped the sentiment in green ink on a scrap of Soft Sky cardstock. I punched this out with the word window punch and layered it on a green panel. I added a darker green star brad at the edge of the sentiment to draw attention to it.

Check out Tamara's blog to see what the rest of the (now expanded) design team has created using this sketch.

Materials Used:
Great Expectations stamp set (Verve Visual); chipboard stars (American Crafts); Soft Sky and Green Galore Classic inks, Soft Sky and Green Galore cardstock, word window punch, Soft Sky stitched grosgrain, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (DCWV); star brad (Making Memories)

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card, love the birght colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I had the same troubles, Lori but your card turned out great! Love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lori! Your card looks fabulous!! I love the pretty colors and the stars!! Great job!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the sketch. Looove the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I love this! Love those bright colors, Lori! Very cool card! I'm so glad we are on a team together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I struggled with this sketch too. I love your card!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips