Friday, May 2, 2008

Simple Hydrangea Card

This is a quick card I made for Mary Jo's weekly sketch challenge at Technostamper. This is such a versatile and easy to use sketch. It's definitely one I'll try again.

I used the hydrangea set from Kitchen Sink Stamps for the main image. I stamped the large flower, leaf, and vase on a piece of white cardstock, then inked the edges with some soft pink ink. I matted the image on a petite scalloped oval.

The pretty quilted looking paper on the cardfront is from Prima's Baby Boutique Collection. I stamped the flower to match the soft pink and green shades in the paper. I sponged a little soft pink ink around the edges of the panel, too.
I ran a piece of ribbon under the image panel before attaching it to the cardfront. The "bow" is simply a small scrap of the same white grosgrain, tied in a knot and attached at the bottom of the stamped panel with a little scrap of foam tape.

The sentiment is simply "Mom" from the Whole Family set from Kitchen Sink Stamps. My stamped image was so large in relation to the cardfront that I didn't have room for much more! I added a pair of flat backed pearls to the upper left corner to finish it off. It's so soft and feminine IRL--perfect for Mother's Day.

Materials Used:
Hydrangea and Whole Family stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Pink Grapefruit and Purple Hydrangea chalk inks (VersaMagic); Pearlescent Poppy and Graphite Black inks (Brilliance); Sweet Blush Palette ink, Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Blush Blossom, Sahara Sand, and Going Gray Classic inks, Pretty in Pink cardstock (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Prima's Baby Boutique Collection); white grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); petite oval and scalloped petite oval dies (Nestabilities); flat backed pearls (Target)

4 comments:

  1. So elegant Lori! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful this is. I think these stamps are stunning I have had them in my cart about 4 times but never follow through with the order since I can't use them for my classes, lol. I just love this card. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lori so pretty!! Love the colors you used for the hydrangeas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exquisite, Lori!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips