Saturday, May 3, 2008

Saturday's Here

It's been a busy Saturday here. I've been working on some "renovation" projects, including recaulking the bathtub and creating a new header for my blog. I bet you can guess which project I was more excited about doing! Here's a quick card I made for Beate's weekend sketch challenge. It's another long card--that's the third one this week, I think--definitely out of my comfort zone!

When I saw the sketch, I immediately knew I wanted to use the sentiment from Time Well Spent for the panel across the cardfront. I found this bright paper with a floral pattern that matched the shapes of the flowers in the sentiment pretty well and worked from that.

Since the paper's really, really bright, I decided to tone it down just a little by adding some narrow pink scraps to the edges of the patterned paper panel and doing some faux stitching. That makes the pink and orange combo just a little less loud. And, if you look really close at the paper, you can see that there's a soft pink flower in the mix along with the bright orange and pink ones. I tied a ribbon around the panel and added some light pink rhinestones, too.

I used my SU! markers to color the sentiment panel and added some tiny rhinestones to that, too. I used dimensionals to attach it to the cardfront.

The right side of the cardfront is stamped tone on tone with two of the flower images from the Time Well Spent set. It fills up the "empty" space just enough.

I'll be back later to share some info about an opportunity for you to win some National Scrapbooking Day blog candy . . .

Materials Used:
Time Well Spent stamp set, Pink Passion Classic ink, Pink Passion, Pumpkin Pie, and Pretty in Pink cardstock, Pink Passion and Pumpkin Pie markers, Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye); large self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels); small self-adhesive rhinestones (Joann); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance)

2 comments:

  1. Great card, Lori! Love the happy colors! Thanks so much for playing.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips