Sunday, July 27, 2008

Baja Breeze Silhouettes

This card caught my eye in today's SCS featured stamper, Artystamper/ Julia's, gallery. I haven't stamped on a paint chip in a while, so I thought I'd use it as my card for the challenge. I made a quick stop at Lowe's to pick up some paint chips (and make a purchase because I felt guilty about taking the samples without making a purchase), then created this quick card.

I liked the card's clean, simple lines, so I kept the layout of my version the same. I changed the stamped image and the colors used--I'm back to that blue/brown combo once again today. Why mess with what works?? I stamped the floral silhouette image from Starving Artistamps on the paint chip in Palette ink. It took a while for the ink to dry--not sure if that's how these inks normally are on paint chips or if it's just that my new ink pad is extra juicy. When it was pretty dry, I used a Stardust pen to add a tiny dot of sparkle to the ends of the asters. I replaced the punched out butterfly at the top left of the stamped panel with a simple knotted piece of dotted satin ribbon that matches the panel under the paint chip.

The sentiment is stamped in the same dark brown Palette ink. I added a trio of small light blue pearls directly under the stamped sentiment. I brushed the edges of the circle in Baja Breeze ink to match the panel on the cardfront, then attached it to a scalloped circle piece. This is attached to the card with a dimensional.
And, speaking of Starving Artistamps, if you're a Doodle Factory fan like I am, Tracey has a sneak peek of some soon-to-be released images on the Starving Artistamps blog. You can check them out here.

Materials Used:
floral silhouette image (FS-5), sentiment (Starving Artistamps); Dark Chocolate Palette ink, Dark Chocolate and cream cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Baja Breeze Classic ink, Baja Breeze and Kraft cardstock, scalloped circle punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); light blue self-adhesive pearls (?); paint chip

2 comments:

  1. Great card--the colors are winners!

    Hope you are having a great summer and resting up for the upcoming school year.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips