Monday, July 28, 2008

Seize the Cupcake!

I'm participating in a Stamping Bella Stella image swap, so I've been busy stamping my Stella images to get them out in the mail in time to meet the swap deadline. I designed a little Stella card to include with my images as a thank you for the swap hostess. I always try to do that when I participate in an image swap so that the hostess has some inspiration for using some of the swapped images.

Since I was stamping the Leaning Tower of Stella image for the swap, I used that one for my card. I stamped Stella on white cardstock and colored her with Copic markers to coordinate with the patterned paper I had selected. I embellished the cupcake, candle flame/star, and Stella's crown with some Stickles, too.

The sentiment comes from a Hero Arts cupcake stamp set. It seemed like a good match for Stella and this yummy looking confection.

Materials Used:
Leaning Tower of Stella image (Stamping Bella); Summer Sunrise Palette ink, Summer Sunrise and Lemon Tart cardstock, Summer Sunrise grosgrain ribbon, Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); oval dies (Nestabilities); markers (Copic Ciao); patterned paper (Scrapbook Wizard pad); Diamond and Yellow Stickles (Ranger); felt flower, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); red Glaze pen (Sakura); brad (Making Memories)

4 comments:

  1. adorable....amazing coloring! Love the bright cheery colors you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has really captured my eye, think it is the bright colours.

    :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Lori, love the colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. I love Stella and the colors on this card are great. I love the bright yellow.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Heather
    scrappinmominky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips