Thursday, July 3, 2008

Circle of Thanks

Here's a card I made using Lauren's Saturday sketch. When I saw the sketch with it's large circular focal point, I immediately thought it would be perfect for using the Circle of Thanks kit from Unity Stamp Company.

It's hard to see in the photo, but the patterned circle and thank you are stamped on a sheet of acetate using Staz-on to make an overlay. I cut out the circle using a Nestabilities die that's just the tiniest bit larger than the stamped image. I found that putting a thin piece of paper under the acetate sheet helped to get a nice, clean cut.

I layered the acetate piece on a Certainly Celery circle, then on a larger Chocolate Chip circle. The colors were based on the ones in the patterned paper panel I used on the cardfront. I used some scraps to make the long strip across the cardfront--I probably should have used ones that were slightly longer, but they work. I added a pair of copper brads to the right side of the strip to match the other circle elements found on the card.

Materials Used:
Circle of Thanks kit (Unity Stamp Company); Olive Green and Timber Brown ink (Staz-on); Old Olive, River Rock, Certainly Celery, and Blue Bayou cardstock, glue dots (Stampin' Up!); Threaded Water punch (Fiskars); copper brads (Making Memories); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye/Tres Jolie); acetate

2 comments:

  1. Oh simply adorable! Love this card and the colors, and me & acetate are best friends! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Lori! Great card! Love this layout! Hope you are doing well! Have a wonderful 4th! : )

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips