Saturday, July 19, 2008

What's in the Window?

Given all of the problems I've had getting my living room window fixed this week, it's only appropriate that I share a window-themed card. I got the Window Dressing hostess set from the upcoming SU! catalog this week and had to try it out.

I used Julee's Mojo Monday sketch, flipped around to fit my image. The window is big! I stamped it, then cut it out with a large circle Nestabilities die and matted it with an even larger scalloped circle. The image is colored with Copic markers. I tried to do a little light blue shading in the windows with a blue marker and the blender pen to give the window a "glassy" look and I'm not sure I was successful. . .

My colors were based on the colors in the Flowers for You patterned paper. I think it's a little busy and that I might like the card more if I'd used something a little more subtle. Oh, well.

I used a combination of words from another new hostess set, Occasions Collection, for the sentiment. I added some light purple dome accents on either side of the sentiment and attached a textured Prima flower, too.

Materials Used:
Window Dressing and Occasions Collection stamp sets, Lovely Lilac Classic ink, Tempting Turquoise, Lovely Lilac, and Almost Amethyst cardstock, Flowers for You designer paper, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); flower (Prima); purple dome embellishments (Michaels); markers (Copic Ciao); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lori! Hope all is going better for you now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! Love it. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouuuu! This set is SO cute. Love your bright sweet colours and the way you did the sentiment, :0)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips