Friday, July 18, 2008

Bye Bye Blues

I'm still catching up on all the online stuff I missed over the last week while my internet connection was down. I made this card for the sketch challenge posted earlier this week on SCS. This card came together in no time at all and I really like its clean, simple look.

My card uses several of the soon-to-be retired In Colors--Blue Bayou, River Rock, and (my favorite) Soft Sky--along with a patterned paper that's sure to be retired, too, since it includes a few of the In Colors. The bird is stamped in Blue Bayou and matted on a piece of River Rock. I used the new scallop edge punch to add a contrasting edge to one side of the image panel.

The large panel on the cardfront is made from a large scrap of Fall Flowers designer paper, layered on a Soft Sky mat. A strip of Blue Bayou cardstock with a pair of brads is set across the panel. I decided to add a sentiment on a scalloped circle using the round image from the Always stamp set. While doing this, I discovered that I mounted the image on the block opposite of how I attached the sticker. Guess I should fix this . . .

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Always stamp set, Blue Bayou Classic ink, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, River Rock, Very Vanilla, and Kraft cardstock, Fall Flowers designer paper, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, scallop circle punch, scallop edge punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensional, brads

1 comment:

  1. very pretty! I love the color scheme you have going here! Fun layout too!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips