Sunday, July 20, 2008

Something Old, Something New

I made this card for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS. It's based on this card in susiestampalot's gallery.

The something old is the Baroque Motifs set. Even though I haven't had it very long or used it very much, it's an old favorite now for many SU! fans. The new here is two of the new In Colors--Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss. I paired them with Chocolate Chip and Kraft cardstock to create this card. I really like the look of these colors together.

When I looked at Susan's card, I liked how the ribbon wrapped around the main image panel, so I kept the layout of my card similar to the original. I did add a cardstock panel to the cardfront under the layered stamped image instead of stamping the large flourish image on the cardfront.

This is the first photo I've taken with the new pretty pink camera I got myself as a graduation gift. I'm still getting the hang of all of the buttons and settings, but it seems to be easy to use and takes nice photos, too.

Materials Used:
Baroque Motifs stamp set, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, and Chocolate Chip Classic inks, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Chocolate Chip wide grosgrain ribbon, pop up glue dot, rhinestone brad, mat pack and paper piercing tool

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I will be 'case'ing this for sure. I always love your color choices. That is the hardest part for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love this colour combo. Photo looks great--congrats on the new camera, :0)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips