Saturday, August 16, 2008

Dreamy Butterflies

I really like the sketch that Mary Jo shared this week on her blog. It's one I think I'll probably use again. The square panels are perfect for some of the smaller images in my stamp collection. They probably could be replaced with circles, too, for a different look. Here's my first try at it.

I used the new three-step Butterflies set from Kitchen Sink Stamps for the main images. The butterfly image is stamped in shades of blue ink. Maybe not the most realistic looking butterfly image, but I like it. I layered a piece of Kiwi Kiss cardstock underneath the butterfly images for a little contrast.

I found some patterned paper that coordinated nicely with the cardfront. I matted it with Pacific Point paper and stamped one of the sentiments from Vintage Words in matching Pacific Point ink. I tied a piece of satin ribbon around the panel to draw attention to the sentiment.

Don't forget about this month's contest at the Kitchen Sink Stamps blog. The theme for this month's contest is "Turn up the Heat." You can find details on the contest here. The prize, as always, is free stamps . . .

Materials Used:
Butterflies and Vintage Words stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Baja Breeze and Pacific Point Classic inks, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white satin ribbon (Target); patterned paper (Cloud 9); clear Stardust pen (Sakura)

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful butterflies. I love how you altered the direction on each one. Great card, great colors, love it! Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh....aaaaah! those butterflies are SO pretty! Fab card all around!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips