Sunday, August 17, 2008

Twinklefairy in Teal

As I said earlier this week, I really like the colors in this week's SCS color challenge. I recently participated in an image swap for the Chichiboulie fairies from Stamping Bella, so these adorable images have been on my mind lately. I made this card using the Twinklefairy image and the challenge colors.

I colored the image using Copic markers that coordinated with the colors from the color challenge. I added a little sparkle to the fairy by using some Dazzling Diamonds on her wings.

I used the retired Twinkle wheel to create a subtle tone on tone pattern on the Taken with Teal panel on the right side of the card. The wheel's pattern reminded me of the little twinkles trailing behind the fairy. I added a narrow strip of olive cardstock to the edge of the panel and tied a piece of matching olive ribbon around the panel, too.

To go with the sparkle and twinkle on the image, I used the "sparkle" sentiment from Warm Words. I struggled a bit with the placement of the sentiment. I usually would have placed the sentiment on the right side of the image, but it didn't fit with the image. In my mind, I saw the layout for this card as pretty much the opposite of how it ended up. So, even though it didn't feel "right" to me, I placed the sentiment at the left side of the image. In the end, I decided that it worked okay.

Materials Used:
Twinklefairy image (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Warm Words stamp set, Twinkle wheel, Elegant Eggplant and Taken with Teal Classic ink, Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, and Taken with Teal cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds; rectangle dies (Nestabilities); circle punches (EK Success); star brad (Making Memories)

4 comments:

  1. Lori I love your card and the colors are beautiful! Love the sentiment! Everything about your card coordinates perfect and is super cute!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! The colors DO look great together!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips