Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Nuts About . . .

These new stamp sets, that is! Since I've been out of town, I haven't had much of a chance to play with my new sets from Kitchen Sink Stamps. It's been over a week since I sat down in my stamp room to create, so I started back by working with a sketch from Mary Jo along with the acorn image from the Autumn Squirrel stamp set.

Once I found the "right" patterned paper to go with the acorns, this card came together really quickly. The green stripe in the patterned paper is a great match for the Kiwi Kiss cardstock (why didn't I order more of this color?).

I stamped the trio of acorns using a beige pigment ink as the first color, then layered on Close to Cocoa ink, first stamped off once, then full strength. The sentiment is stamped in Pumpkin Pie ink to coordinate with the patterned color.

I added a ribbon tab to the image panel and a coppery Dew Drop, too. There's a trio of copper Dew Drops along the bottom of the card, too.

If you haven't had a chance yet, be sure to check out the other great samples posted by the Kitchen Sink Crew using the sets in today's release. You can find links to their blogs in this post.

Materials Used:
Autumn Squirrel stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Dark Chocolate and cream cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Close to Cocoa and Pumpkin Pie Classic inks, Kiwi Kiss and Pumpkin Pie cardstock, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Dune pigment ink (ColorBox); dark brown grosgrain ribbon (Morex); copper Dew Drops (Stamping Bella)

2 comments:

  1. Great job. Those stamps are so cute,I love how easy they are and how detailed they look! Thanks for playing along Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! that paper is JUST RIGHT! I hate it when you can't find what you're looking for...usually I don't know what I am looking for...but I definately can't find it, either!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips