Monday, August 4, 2008

August Release at Kitchen Sink Stamps

Kitchen Sink Stamps is releasing seven brand new sets tomorrow. Maria has again created some amazing three and four step images. I've been enjoying playing with the new images and I'm looking forward to sharing some samples with you over the next few days.

I must admit that I've never been a teddy bear "person." Bunny rabbits were my stuffed animal of choice as a little girl and now that I'm an adult, I don't keep any stuffed animals around because of Cosmo the crazy dog. He's obsessed with anything fluffy, soft, and stuffed. You would think that a big dog like Cosmo would want pull toys or bones, but he really prefers the soft, stuffed things. Anything stuffed immediately becomes his and I spend a huge amount of time cleaning up the mess of un-stuffed stuffing he makes as he "loves" his cuddly toy.
But, I have completely fallen in love with the teddy bear image in the new Get Well Teddy set from Kitchen Sink Stamps. The very first time I stamped the four step image (actually on a piece of scrap paper!), it came out perfectly and so real-looking. I actually stopped what I was doing and emailed Maria at Kitchen Sink to tell her how much I loved the image.

I moved on from that and created a gate-fold card featuring the bear image on the front. The bear is stamped on cream cardstock using Colorbox Dune pigment ink as a base, then Creamy Caramel, then Close to Cocoa stamped off once, then Close to Cocoa full strength. I sponged a little Creamy Caramel around the edges of the panel, then layered it

I threaded a little bit of twine through the holes of a brown button and attached it to the cardfront with a glue dot. The stamped panel slips under the button and the button helps to hold the card closed. When open, you can see one of the sentiments from the set inside.

If you stop by the other design team members' blogs today and tomorrow, you'll be able to see other samples featuring the new releases from Kitchen Sink Stamps:








Materials Used:
Get Well Teddy set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Dune ink (Colorbox); Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, and Night of Navy Classic inks, Close to Cocoa, Brocade Blue, and Night of Navy cardstock, glue dot (Stampin' Up!); cream cardstock (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (Prima's Baby Boutique Collection); brown button (American Crafts); twine (Walmart)

9 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card Lori - the bear is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like a great selection of stamps from Kitchen Sink. I took a couple of minutes and browsed through the provided links (thanks for sharing them) and found the teddy bear and squirrel to be my favorites. I particularly like the soothing blues you used.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lori! Really adorable card! What a sweet teddy bear! Hope you are doing well! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori you do the best cards... I love Kitchen Sink Stamps because of you... Come-on paycheck... I am placing a huge order from them as soon as my paycheck comes in!
    Thanks for sharing... Love this teddy bear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cosmo's bear is adorable, Lori! Love the gate fold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That bear looks like a vintage photo- would you consider a demo tutorial on how you did that? I checked out the other DT blogs and that Squirrel and Hula girl are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my this is adorable! I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips