Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Inspired by Style Watch

One of the "perks" of attending the SU! convention in Salt Lake City last week was being among the first to get a copy of the new catalog. I am so impressed with this one! The new stamp sets, papers, and accessories are fantastic. There's tons of stuff on my wish list and I can't wait to place my first order next week. One of the "Style Watch" segments in the new catalog features a great line of new silhouette images. I made this card for today's SCS sketch challenge using Inspired by Nature, one of the new silhouette sets that I got at convention. The images are large and great for a focal image on a cardfront.

For this card, I used a combo of some of the retiring In Colors. On the image panel, I stamped the floral image in Blue Bayou and added the grass image after stamping off once. There's some Dazzling Diamonds at the center of each flower, too.

I used some of the retiring Fall Flowers designer paper for the card's background. I layered the pieces on scraps of Soft Sky and Blue Bayou cardstock, then added a pair of square copper brads to each piece.

Originally, I had planned to make the cardfront Soft Sky, stamped with the Twill background. I didn't like that combination, so I ended up covering most of the cardfront with a Blue Bayou panel. If you look closely, you can see just a hint of the Twill background around the card's edges.

Materials Used:
Inspired by Nature and Twill stamp sets, Blue Bayou and Soft Sky Classic inks, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, and River Rock cardstock, Fall Flowers designer paper, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); copper brads (Making Memories)

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. The colors you used are great together. This was a fun sketch. I even tried it out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! I love this new stamp set!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips