Saturday, August 2, 2008

Swapping with the Great Swaps Girls

One of the best parts of convention has been the chance to meet up with some friends that I don’t get to see a lot—and even ones I’ve never seen before. I had the chance to meet up with another Kitchen Sink Stamps design team member, Nicole, at the SCS dinner on Wednesday and I’ve met some of my SBS2 blogging sisters, too. I’ve also met up with some members of my swap group, Great Swap Girls.

Some of the Great Swaps Girls participated in a small in-person swap at convention. Here’s the card I created for our in-person meeting. I used the Moose You set along with two of the new In Colors, Riding Hood Red and Pink Pirouette. Since all of the designer paper in the current catalog is retiring, I created my own for this cardfront using the heart image from the stamp set.

The little prickly guy is stamped in Close to Cocoa ink, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I punched him out, then layered him on a slightly larger circle, then on a scalloped circle with paper pierced edges.

I stamped the sentiment along the bottom edge of the card. This is such a tricky sentiment to stamp! I trimmed it apart from the image, so it’s really narrow and sometimes wobbles and smudges when I stamp. I managed to get through this stack of cards without too many mistakes.
Materials Used (all from Stampin’ Up!):
Moose You stamp set, Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Close to Cocoa Craft ink, Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Close to Cocoa, and Whisper White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, 1 ¼” and 1 3/8” circle punches, scallop circle punch, white taffeta ribbon, dimensional, Crystal Clear embossing powder

2 comments:

  1. CUTE card! Love the image and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on making Stampers' Showcase with your GSG swap card, Lori!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips