Sunday, August 3, 2008

Friend-Ship

Last year, I made a swap using Boatloads of Love for one of my SU! convention swaps for the SCS dinner. I swore then that I’d never again use that image for a mass-produced card swap because coloring the boat was so time consuming. Well, as you can see from this card, I didn’t stick to that and I made things worse for myself. But, I totally loved my idea for this card and had to do it, even though it was a huge pain to color and cut out all of those boats.

I stamped the boat image on white cardstock and colored just a little bit of the image. I also added some Crystal Effects to the windows to give them a glassy look. I cut out all of the boats, then attached them to a piece of Baja Breeze cardstock.

I wanted to show a kind of “out of the box” way that you could use the new scallop edge punch, so I used the punch and the new Pacific Point cardstock to create a wavy body of water for the boat. I punched out an opening using the word window punch and tied a piece of red ribbon through the opening and around the cardfront, then attached the stamped “friend-ship) sentiment behind the opening. The Pacific Point panel is attached to the cardfront using strips of foam tape so that it adds some dimension to the card.

Materials Used (all from Stampin’ Up!, except foam tape):
Boatloads of Love stamp set, Basic Black and Pacific Point Classic inks, Whisper White Craft ink, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, and Whisper White cardstock, Real Red, Bashful Blue, and Going Gray markers, Crystal Effects, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, word window punch

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute card. I love this set and the truck too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh this is so stinkin cuuuuuute! lol

    Love it!

    Karen
    x90

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips