Saturday, August 30, 2008

Verve Meets Amy Butler

I decided to take a break from sorting and straightening my crafting area to do a little stamping (kind of a reward for even starting this overwhelming task!). I used Julee's Mojo Monday sketch to create this card featuring Verve's Thankful Blossoms stamp set.

I started by coloring the large flower image with Copic markers in different shades of pink. I added a pearl to the center and accented the flower with a few dabs of a clear Stardust pen. I trimmed around the image so that I could layer it on the cardfront with dimensionals.

Then, I set out to find a piece of paper in my collection that would coordinate well with the flower I had colored. Probably a backwards way of doing things, but this time it worked for me. I found a piece of vividly striped paper in an Amy Butler mat stack collection and trimmed it to fit the sketch. I based the rest of the colors for the card on the colors found in the paper's stripes.

The patterned paper is edged with two-toned satin ribbon. At the bottom of the card, I threaded the ribbon through the sentiment panel and knotted the ribbon so that the pink reverse side was visible. The sentiment is stamped in craft ink for a nice, opaque look.

Materials Used:
Thankful Blossoms stamp set (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); Pixie Pink Craft ink, Pixie Pink, Bashful Blue, and Pink Pirouette cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, horizontal slot punch, corner rounder, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); flat-back self-adhesive pearl (Target); patterned paper (Amy Butler Belle mat pad); ribbon (Michaels); clear Stardust pen (Sakura)

4 comments:

  1. very nice ribbon and the colors are wonderful. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Lori! I often do that too...colour something and then hope and pray I can find a DP to go with it...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors on the. By the way I forget to let you know that I awarded you on my blog yesterday

    http://technostamper.blogspot.com/2008/08/i-am-sooo-bad-and-so-sorry-too.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Lori. And the coloring matches the paper so well. I almost always forget to pick out my DP first. So I have tons of pre-colored images piled up on my desk just waiting for the right paper to come along!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips