Sunday, August 31, 2008

The End of August

It's the end of August and I'm still not finished trying out my kit of the month from Unity Stamp Co. Today, I made two different cards inspired by the featured stamper challenge on SCS. I really liked the way Niki cut a slit in the image panel of her cards and threaded the ribbon through the slits, so I decided to give this a try on my cards.

The first card is based on this one in Niki's gallery. I used two of the line art flower images from the kit for the main image. I inked them with a Plum Pudding ink pad (flower) and a Mellow Moss marker (stems) to get the two-toned image. This plum/moss color combo used to be one of my favorites, but I rarely use it now, so it was nice to revisit it today. It doesn't show in the photo, but I also dotted a little clear Stardust glitter pen at the ends of the flowers for a subtle sparkle.

Instead of stamping the sentiment on a small tag and hanging it from the ribbon around the cardfront, I stamped the sentment directly on the cardfront in a lighter shade of purple ink.

Materials Used:
Remember Happiness stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Plum Pudding and Lavender Moon Palette inks, Plum Pudding, Lavender Moon, and white cardstock, Lavender Moon Swiss Dot satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Mellow Moss marker, horizontal slot punch (Stampin' Up!); clear Stardust pen (Sakura)

This card uses the cute stacked bird image from the same kit. It's loosely based on this card in Niki's gallery. I say loosely since I changed lots and lots, including the orientation of the cards, the colors, the stamps, and the embellishments, too.

The birds are stamped on white cardstock and watercolored with ink pads and an aquapainter. I don't do this often because I'm not too good at this! I colored them to coordinate with the pretty floral patterned paper from Crate Paper that I used on the cardfront.

The sentiment is another stamp from the Remember Happiness kit. I layered it on some circle punches and added a purple flower as an embellishment. I picked up the flowers (and a few other things) on clearance this morning at Target, so I wanted to find a way to use them. Now that I've used them, it's time for me to find them a home in my (slightly more) reorganized crafting area.

Materials Used:
Remember Happiness stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Plum Pudding, Sweet Blush, and white cardstock, Plum Pudding grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Noir Black ink (Palette); Pumpkin Pie, Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Lovely Lilac, Orchid Opulence, Green Galore, and Old Olive Classic inks, Regal Rose cardstock, 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Threading Water punch (Fiskars); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); self adhesive rhinestone (Michaels); paper flower (Marcella); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); patterned paper (Crate Paper Kaitlin collection-Bubblegum)

3 comments:

  1. Lori, both cards are beautifully done =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Lori. I love the stacked birds image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two cute cards. I love the stacked birds and the clean simplicity of the flower.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips