Saturday, August 30, 2008

More Mailboxes

I think that the mailbox image in the Mailbox Greetings set might be one of my very favorite Papertrey Ink images. I don't know what it is about these mailboxes (maybe it's that I don't have one--a very sore point with me right now!), but I really like working with them. I pulled them out again for Beate's weekend sketch challenge.

The challenge called for a long, skinny card with a long image panel that the mailboxes were a perfect fit for. I colored the stamped image with Copic markers, then added some sky and grass with sponged inks.

The patterned paper is from a DCWV fall paper stack. I really like the color combination in the pattern. It coordinated nicely with Baja Breeze, so I used that for the card base. I added a strip of Sahara Sand along the bottom of the patterned paper panel. Sahara Sand is a great color to work with--it's one of those colors that changes depending on which colors it's paired with, so it's really versatile. I tied in a little more of the Baja Breeze by placing a narrow scalloped strip where the patterned and solid papers meet and also by attaching a trio of felt flowers to one corner of the stamped image.

The word window for the sentiment was actually one of those "quick fix" kind of things. I didn't do a great job inking up the sentiment so when I stamped it directly on the Sahara Sand, it wasn't even. I tried to stamp the sentiment again directly on top of the first image, but was just a bit off. So, I pulled out the word window punch to hide my mistake. I think it ended up working out okay in the end.

Materials Used:
Mailbox Greetings (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); patterned paper (DCWV Fall Stack); Always Artichoke, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, and Basic Gray Classic inks, Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand, and Always Artichoke cardstock, scallop edge punch, word window punch, Flower Fusion Too felt flowers, silver brads, glue dots, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); ribbon (Michaels); white cardstock (Xerox)

5 comments:

  1. Lori, your card is adorable. I love the mailboxes, I love the paper and the embellishments!
    Thanks so much for playing! Have a great weekend. Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card, the mailboxes and all. But most of all, I love the fix as it added a little splash of colf. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card, the mailboxes and all. But most of all, I love the fix as it added a little splash of colf. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that image too...may need to order it sometime soon! Your card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing this card makes me wanna order that stamp set ASAP. Cute!

    Your work inspires me.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips